Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-09-2022, 03:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You play me week 1. You're about to experience a very bad start to the season. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611276a2932f52d4c8bcb...y.gif&ct=g]

Are we honoring my championship players that week with a ceremony?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Are we honoring my championship players that week with a ceremony?

Old news. Time to move on. 

[Image: go-away-star-bye.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I did my first mock draft and landed Evan McPherson with the 6th pick.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I did my first mock draft and landed Evan McPherson with the 6th pick.

Who Dey

In the vast majority of mock sources, Ja"Marr chase has an ADP of 8 and I pick 8th. WTS there's no way in hell he's making it to 8th in our league. 

The kicker is: The player most often interchanged with JC in ADP is Najee Harris. I'm not sure if I could live with myself if I took a Steeler; especially in RD 1. I made the mistake a few years back in another league of taking Big Ben because the value was incredible; I couldn't keep him. I think I let some dude have him for Jay Cutler
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In the vast majority of mock sources, Ja"Marr chase has an ADP of 8 and I pick 8th. WTS there's no way in hell he's making it to 8th in our league. 

The kicker is: The player most often interchanged with JC in ADP is Najee Harris. I'm not sure if I could live with myself if I took a Steeler; especially in RD 1. I made the mistake a few years back in another league of taking Big Ben because the value was incredible; I couldn't keep him. I think I let some dude have him for Jay Cutler

I had both Harris and Chase last season. You're likely right about Chase going higher than he should in this league, but I don't think it is the best use of a pick. I'm picking 6th. I encourage someone in the top 5 to pick Chase because then a better talent is sliding to my spot.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In the vast majority of mock sources, Ja"Marr chase has an ADP of 8 and I pick 8th. WTS there's no way in hell he's making it to 8th in our league. 

This is a good point about OUR LEAGUE.  BENGALS LEAGUE.  So Bengals will fly off the board sooner, especially after going to Super Bowl.  Everybody will want Chase, Mixon, Higgins, Burrow.  Boyd will not be a late round pick as in Mocks.  Bengals Defense will not be as easy to get as in Mocks.  Someone will draft McPherson higher than I would ever take a Kicker, and he is going early in Mocks.  Hendrickson will be a Defense Player Position many Bengals Fans will know.  Bengals will fly off the board. 

So as much as I hate to draft Browns, Ravens, Steelers, it may be needed.  I may not be able to draft any Bengals.  Then if I eliminate the rest of the AFC North, am I not limiting myself to fewer teams to chose from.  Also one thing I do keep an eye on is Bye Weeks of Picks.  Why would I want a back-up RB with the same Bye Week of my starting RB.  I would have to consider Browns Chubb, Steelers Harris or Steelers Receivers, or Ravens Receivers or Quarterback. Also their Defenses. Some of their Kickers. The Bengals players are going to go fast, and I need to put the best team on the field, even if I have to use other AFC North players.  However Bye Weeks would stop me from going all in on an all Steelers team, or Browns or Ravens.  

So I hate drafting other AFC North teams, I hate them all.  Still, I will take the best player on the Board.   For our new Defensive Player position, certainly people are going to want Watt, Steeler or not.  Tecmo won it all last year and at times he used Big Ben, and I had him during a season bye week and why not. You put the best team on the field.  So as much as I hate these 3 teams, yes I hate The Browns just as much as the other 2,  if these teams have the best player on the board when I draft, I'm taking them.  The Bengals players will go fast in Bengals League, even the Kicker.  There are players on other teams on my Wish List through most of the Rounds.  

I was impressed with how Tecmo won last year.  He didn't have much at QB as he admitted, but he had both Super Bowl Stars Kupp and Chase at WR and their points won it for Tecmo.  Now me, I kind of like to have a QB, but he did show you can win with whoever you grab in Free Agency at QB.  

There is an NFL team that has a couple players I want around Round 5 to Round 8, and if I get these 2 players I will feel like I hit a home run. It is not The Bengals. I'm sure everybody is looking way past Round One. Should be a good draft, you all know your football. I am not worried about Round One, I know I will get a good player Round One. It's the other Rounds that I need to get Lucky on and really watch who is still On The Board after my long waits. I'm now only Mock Practicing my Pick 13 in 14 team Mocks, and I do OK, but you guys will draft much different from the Mocks. Still, it's good practice on using the Yahoo Board.

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I've given up on mocks, gonna go in blind mostly since everyone I've tried has multiple people taking kickers in rd 1 or Kirk Cousins 1st overall.

Hopefully somebody in our league really wants Kirk Cousins in round 1 but I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 11:07 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I've given up on mocks, gonna go in blind mostly since everyone I've tried has multiple people taking kickers in rd 1 or Kirk Cousins 1st overall.

Hopefully somebody in our league really wants Kirk Cousins in round 1 but I doubt it.

I'm taking Fat Randy as my kicker in Round One so that nobody else can have him.  HammerSmackWastedWasted
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 04:18 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm taking Fat Randy as my kicker in Round One so that nobody else can have him.  HammerSmackWastedWasted

Kevin, if you do that, i will kiss you right on the mouth. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Reminder!! Draft is this Thursday (8/25) at 7PM (EDT)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 11:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Reminder!! Draft is this Thursday (8/25) at 7PM (EDT)

Don't forget, you guys might want to draft Taysom Hill. He won the league championship game last year as the starting QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Don't forget, you guys might want to draft Taysom Hill. He won the league championship game last year as the starting QB.

Seems like a solid 1st rounder for you this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Don't forget, you guys might want to draft Taysom Hill. He won the league championship game last year as the starting QB.

We get it! You're a streamer, so go piss up a rope!  Hilarious Worked out well for you last season.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 03:27 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: We get it! You're a streamer, so go piss up a rope!  Hilarious Worked out well for you last season.

Actually, I didn't stream QBs on purpose. I had Lamar and he got hurt so I had to improvise. I much prefer having a solid starter.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 09:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Actually, I didn't stream QBs on purpose. I had Lamar and he got hurt so I had to improvise. I much prefer having a solid starter.

Lamar is somebody I avoid now, had him the first year he popped off and got him in rd 10. Since then he's been a top 4 rd pick and has disappointed every year it seems.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Yahoo lets us go in and look around The Draft Room 24 hours before draft or at least morning of tomorrows draft. I would like to see if there is a D Player position to also click on, and what players are listed High or Low.

Remember, we draft a Defense Team as normal, but also he now added Defensive Player of Choice Pick as well.

Now me, I'm thinking they put up the least points over the season and Kicker should maybe come before D Player. I'm thinking near the end I take my D Player, but I would like to know who is where on Yahoo List. I have a list of 28 D Players who did well in Sacks or Interceptions in 2021. Yahoo probably will let me in The Draft Room soon to get a Pre Draft idea of where my list of names are. That is really all I need now, because I'm as set as I'm going to be on Drafting all my other positions.

I still think taking Fat Randy as my Kicker in Round One is the smart move. That way nobody else on here can get Fat Randy, and I'm guaranteed to Win IT All and to GO All The WAY as Howard Cosell use to say. FAT RANDY is my PICK in Round One. That should cement what kind of season I'm going to have like Santa Claus coming early.

In regards to Ravens Jackson. I really don't want an AFC NORTH QB who goes against Bengals. Of course The Browns and Steelers don't have a QB that I would want. However if the draft plays out that Jackson is the best I can get after a run on QB's, Yes I would take Jackson. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. I have not taken AFC North Teams off my board, they all have players I would draft during all our Rounds. I can not build an All Bengals Team, and there are AFC North Players that I would take if I thought they were the BPA when I draft in each round. I saw how this League was in last years Draft. Some of you went early to get all Bengals from QB to RB to WR to TE to Defense to Kicker. It's a Bengals League, and it will happen again. Bengals will go FAST, especially after a Super Bowl Season. I can NOT take the other 3 AFC NORTH teams off my board, I need the other 31 teams ON MY BOARD in a Bengals League sure to grab Bengals Quick and Fast.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 04:03 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm hoping Yahoo lets us go in and look around The Draft Room 24 hours before draft or at least morning of tomorrows draft.  I would like to see if there is a D Player position to also click on, and what players are listed High or Low.  

Remember, we draft a Defense Team as normal, but also he now added Defensive Player of Choice Pick as well.  

Now me, I'm thinking they put up the least points over the season and Kicker should maybe come before D Player.  I'm thinking near the end I take my D Player, but I would like to know who is where on Yahoo List.  I have a list of 28 D Players who did well in Sacks or Interceptions in 2021.  Yahoo probably will let me in The Draft Room soon to get a Pre Draft idea of where my list of names are.  That is really all I need now, because I'm as set as I'm going to be on Drafting all my other positions.

I still think taking Fat Randy as my Kicker in Round One is the smart move. That way nobody else on here can get Fat Randy, and I'm guaranteed to Win IT All and to GO All The WAY as Howard Cosell use to say.  FAT RANDY is my PICK in Round One.  That should cement what kind of season I'm going to have like Santa Claus coming early.

In regards to Ravens Jackson.  I really don't want an AFC NORTH QB who goes against Bengals.  Of course The Browns and Steelers don't have a QB that I would want.  However if the draft plays out that Jackson is the best I can get after a run on QB's, Yes I would take Jackson.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. I have not taken AFC North Teams off my board, they all have players I would draft during all our Rounds.  I can not build an All Bengals Team, and there are AFC North Players that I would take if I thought they were the BPA when I draft in each round. I saw how this League was in last years Draft.  Some of you went early to get all Bengals from QB to RB to WR to TE to Defense to Kicker.  It's a Bengals League, and it will happen again. Bengals will go FAST, especially after a Super Bowl Season.  I can NOT take the other 3 AFC NORTH teams off my board, I need the other 31 teams ON MY BOARD in a Bengals League sure to grab Bengals Quick and Fast.

Pretty sure the draft room will only open 30 minutes before the draft. That's usually what the standard is anyway.
Reply/Quote
OK, Yahoo shows DRAFT ROOM will open at 6:30 PM tomorrow Night for 7 PM Draft.....it's different on CBS and ESPN and one lets you in draft room hours before. I will have 7 Fantasy Football Teams, only one of them in Yahoo, but Our League will be the one I am most Focused On, because it is a BENGALS LEAGUE.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY IN THE DRAFT

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Fantasy draft day! Good luck.
Reply/Quote
I actually get to participate in the draft for once.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote