Poll: Will Hue Be Our Next Head Coach And Do You Want That?
Yes He Will And Yes I Want That
Yes He Will But No I don't Want That
No He Will Not But I Want Him To Be
No He Will Not, Which Is Good
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Hue Jackson Be Coaching The Bengals In 2018?
(07-07-2017, 11:21 AM)grampahol Wrote: The Browns are just waiting for the next great QB out of college to go to Cleveland and become the next Playing for Pizza guy.. 
I don't think Hue is giving up on his gig there and short of a total blow out season again of 1-15 he's got the pieces now to have a much better team than before. They still need the QB,  but I think they can get by with a caretaker till next year. 
If everything turns to crap and he's fired and all those great draft picks flounder and win exactly zero why on earth would any team much less the Bengals want him as a HC?
This is sink or swim time for Hue. Put up or shut up. 
You don't get three bites at the apple if you can't turn around a 1-15 team with the cream of the draft 2 years in a row. 
For all of Marvins faults he did NOT take a 1-15 team and keep them as a 1-15 team.  The single biggest knock on Marvin is his playoff record,  not his regular season record.  Hue has to prove he can win in the regular season and short of that his chances of moving on from Cleveland as a HC are essentially nil.  

I actually agree with this. The only thing I'll add is that Marv had more pieces to work with initially (including a franchise QB). I definitely agree that this is probably it for Hue as a HC. Sink or swim time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Hue Jackson Be Coaching The Bengals In 2018? - Shake n Blake - 07-07-2017, 06:50 PM