Poll: Will Hue Be Our Next Head Coach And Do You Want That?
Yes He Will And Yes I Want That
Yes He Will But No I don't Want That
No He Will Not But I Want Him To Be
No He Will Not, Which Is Good
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Hue Jackson Be Coaching The Bengals In 2018?
(07-08-2017, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We haven't even been looking for more than half that time (Marvin was 2003 right?). Tom Coughlin was interested in coming here so I don't see why it's unthinkable other good coaches would want to. 

I'm not saying it's impossible, but since Mike Brown was handed the keys to the kingdom he has shown an inability to get along with winners.  He and Sam Wyche couldn't stand each other, Dave Shula got the nod over Bill Cowher, and Tom Coughlin likely had too many not-so-nice things to say about Mike Brown's insistence on doing things a certain way.  Lordy, even after 2010 Marvin Lewis, a guy we think of being a spineless lap-dog, demanded changes publically before caving in and sticking around.

I'm not a huge winner myself, but if there is one thing I assume winners don't like it's being told that they are going to have to adhere to the agenda of a proven loser.  

It's one thing for us to sit here and wish and hope for a white knight HC to show up and decide that this is the franchise he will decide to lift to greatness, but isn't it sort of clear that even if a guy like that shows up Mike Brown will say "Thanks, but no thanks" and show him the door?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Hue Jackson Be Coaching The Bengals In 2018? - Nately120 - 07-08-2017, 09:58 AM