Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league
(07-12-2017, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: I personally think they're the worst in the league.....unless we see HUGE improvements from the young tackles, it's gonna be a long year for Dalton and the RBs.

Yeah, as much as I'd like to just brush this off as typical media hating on the Bengals we can't expect them to like an o-line that was god-awful and then lost the only 2 players on it that anyone knew.  Last years off-season was full of "addition by subtraction" optimism and we got a grand total of 6 wins to show for it.  Huzzah.

Basically, I ran this scenario through my "What would I say if the Steelers did this" filter and I've concluded that IF Pig Ben spent most of the season on his back last year because his o-line stunk and then two of his less terrible o-linemen went elsewhere I'd be laughing at his imminent demise...not praising the Steelers for their shrewd salary maneuvering. 

I haven't checked the Bengals' cap yet.  Are we up against it?  If we aren't then I doubt we're going to be singing the praises of saving money by letting Zietler walk every time Dalton gets demolished.  Time will tell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Nately120 - 07-12-2017, 07:34 PM