Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are Your Mock Draft Practices Going ???
Just did my first one with no real planning or strategy:

Drafted like my lineup would be:
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
WR-TE-RB
K
D

1.) Le'Veon Bell- I picked third because I figured I could get Zeke because, even with his suspension, that line is always a monster and he'll be a touchdown machine. However, assuming Bell can layoff puffing the cheeba, he should be the top back in the league. As much as that and this pains me to say, their offense will be tough to stop with Bryant returning to the lineup and Bell should benefit.

2.) Amari Cooper- with Carr getting that big deal and Cooper still young and developing, I think he's ready for a big year and I think they'll use him in the red zone more as Carr and the coaches begin to trust him more. I pick up Carr later, which was my plan, so they can go off together.

3.) Brandin Cooks- Cooks is a speedster, which Tom Brady loves because he can just launch it deep, but I also think he's going to climb the ladder in their pass-first offense.

4.) Joe Mixon- I was nervous here because of our o-line, but I'm hoping they can open a few holes because I think Mixon will burst onto the scene.

5.) Davante Adams- Rodgers as his QB and coming off a strong year.

6.) Jimmy Graham- I should have taken Bennett here, but Graham had a solid year last year. I just think Bennett will be a machine in the red zone for Rodgers. Risky since I just took Adams, but I think there will be enough passes to go around.

7.) Derek Carr- big contract and I think people are underestimating just how good he really is because he dislocated his finger and finished slow. I think he'll be a top five quarterback this year, especially with Marshawn taking some heat off of him.

8.) C.J. Prosise- he's underrated coming off of injury, and Lacy could steal some red zone touches and scores, but I like Prosise's big play ability.

9.) Eric Decker- will be the Titans #1 receiver and Mariota is a machine in the red zone, so Decker should put up a lot of touchdowns.

10.) John Brown- fell this far because he missed all last season, and it does scare me that Palmer looks like he's on the downside of his career, but Brown could put up solid numbers if Palmer can be even decent. Sleeper value.

11.) Corey Coleman- panicked because I was running out of time, but Coleman could be good if he can just stay healthy.

12.) Dak- I couldn't pass on him this late. Probably won't have as big a year as last year, but it was good value this late.

13.) OJ Howard- another panic pick, and he's not even starting, but I think he could put up between 5 and 10 touchdowns. Not bad for my TE2.

14.) Steelers D- hate them, but they should have a good D.

15.) Adam C.J. Prosise - I think he's like 60, but he should have a decent year.

Thoughts? I'm thinking maybe switch Coleman for another back.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Are Your Mock Draft Practices Going ??? - BFritz21 - 07-18-2017, 08:29 PM