Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are Your Mock Draft Practices Going ???
(07-18-2017, 10:13 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: I just use ESPN to do mocks. I think you have to have an account though.

I also have seen DJ pretty much going #1 overall. Whats your reasoning for Elliott? (I don't think it's a bad choice)
Elliott is a BEAST...Big Reason Buckeyes Beat Bama and won NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP.....COWBOYS have GREAT O LINE and why the Rookie Prescott at QB looked good and the rookie Elliott...All Elliott needs is a blocking lane. He can break a 60 yard Touchdown on any carry. He is like ex Buckeye Eddie George on that but maybe better.  Don't look for any of the 2017 NFL Rookies to be an Elliott.  Elliott is a Jim Brown, OJ Simpson type that you don't see everyday.  Give him a hole and he can go all the way.  Behind the Dallas O Line, This is a Lock Solid Pick at #1.

Although I'm practicing picking 6th and 12th...and I find I like Bears Howard there....and Dolphins RB Ajayi with my 2nd pick....People are going to go up and grab Fournette and I know what Ajayi can do in the NFL, not these Rookies. Oh, if Ajayi is gone and Fournette there at 2, sure, I grab him. 

I tried taking QB-Brees at 2, but I can't get a good stable of RB's that way. You need a couple solid starters. Two 1,000 yards rushers...Got To Have It....I find I'm better off going 1 and 2 on RB....3 and 4 on WR...5 on RB....6 and 7 on QB......8 on WR....9 on Bengals RB Hill if he is there, a good solid # 4 RB. I look for him to still be Bengals TD guy, and those are big Fantasy Points.....10 and 11 on WR were i try to get both Top Rookies Williams and Ross, but if one or both gone, there are guys that had big years in NFL last year on the board....12. I try to grab a TE like Chargers Henry or equal talent....13 I try to grab a Defense like Patriots, Giants, Seattle, Denver, Dallas or Vikings or Bengals, Ravens or Steelers.  I'm getting good D options at 13.....14 and last is kicker where Justin Tucker probably gone. I have no problem taking Vinatiari or Prater here. Anybody decent will work. 

But yes, If I get the #1 pick it would be Elliott behind the Cowboys O Line.  What you saw his Rookie Year is just the start. This could be another Jim Brown type.  Nobody ran on that Bama D, but he did. He tore up the best Defenses in college. He just killed Michigan.  There was a big game, I think Michigan State, where Ohio State passed too much and lost. They hardly ran Elliott and he let Coach Urban Meyer know he didn't get the ball enough and he could have won the game. Meyer must have listened because he never cheated Elliott on carries again and Ohio State rolled to wins with Elliott in spite of using 3 different QBs due to injuries....Nobody was running on Alabama, but Elliott did.  Then there were some good teams like Michigan and Notre Dame that Elliott rushed for 200 some yards like it was nothing, breaking off long TD runs. ....Last year he was doing the same thing in a Dallas Cowboy uniform....At # 1,  behind the good Dallas Line, I would take the Jim Brown like Elliott every time.  Maybe the best RB in a long, long time.  If you want RB Fantasy Points, This is your MAN. ...I'll say it clear. Ohio State never wins NCAA Championship without Elliott. Without Elliott they don't even win The Big 10. I know the Oregon game was the Championship but Ohio State killed them as did Elliott. The Championship Play-On Game of # 4 Ohio State against # 1 Alabama. Elliott gaining yards and beating The Alabama Crimson Tide's Great Team was VERY IMPRESSIVE. ...What he did his rookie year with Dallas is no fluke. ...I wish Bengals had him....Cleveland of RB legends, Brown, Kelly, Motley, Pruitt were crazy to trade down out of 2nd pick, but I'm glad Bengals don't have to play a Cleveland Brown Jim Brown like Elliott twice a year......With Dallas Defense, O Line, QB and WR's I can see Dallas back in Super Bowls with Elliott. HE IS THAT GOOD. He could be a part of a new Dallas Dynasty, he and that young QB that reminds me of Roman Gabriel in his tough, no nonsense attitude before the snap. Elliott and Prescott could be one tough Combo. They are both kind of Old School Football tough like Otto Graham and Jim Brown. Watch out for Dallas with these young guys.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Are Your Mock Draft Practices Going ??? - kevin - 07-20-2017, 05:42 AM