Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skill players surrounding Andy
(07-21-2017, 10:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't really understand this statement.  While I agree with everything you said about having some high picks and talent at his disposal, remember that they needed quality DEPTH of talent at the so-called skill positions such as WR, TE, etc.  

Last season, when AJ and Eifert were out, Andy had very few weapons that could generate a lot of separation. Subsequently, he had to hold on to the ball longer, and took more hits because of it.  It also made the offensive line look worse that it really was.  Combined with a lack of a vertical threat to stretch the defense and help create voids in coverage underneath and I am pretty damn amazed what Dalton did with his dearth of weapons and protection, not to mention complete lack of a running game.

Where would you have spent the picks on D?  The secondary is loaded with first round talent and our safety position might be our deepest position group.  They signed Minter as a key FA for the LB corps, and have Vigil, Vinny Rey, and a healthy Burfict.  They used two picks on pass rushers, that happened to be two of the best in the draft.  I am still amazed that we got Willis in the third round.  I bet he has a better season than Garrett.

They needed a pounder in the running game that can also catch and got a steal in Mixon.  

The defensive front is already a very crowded position group with guys like Hardison, Glasgow, and Billings all joining the mix.

I think the Bengals FINALLY realized they needed a real vertical threat (and Ross is so much more than just that) opposite AJ Green and I can't wait to see them all on the field together.  Add in a strong TE group and Mixon and the offense might just be able to be a top 5 unit....like the defense.  

This is what I don't understand either.....on paper, the defense is pretty stacked.  In fact, on paper, the whole team is.....save for the o line.  I wonder where the main problem lies..... Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skill players surrounding Andy - TKUHL - 07-20-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Skill players surrounding Andy - kevin - 07-25-2017, 01:54 AM
RE: Skill players surrounding Andy - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-21-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Skill players surrounding Andy - McC - 07-21-2017, 09:17 PM