Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skill players surrounding Andy
(07-23-2017, 11:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Quite clearly you're an alt having a little fun (and I've known for awhile), but I'll keep playing.

Re-read my post and address some of the points. 

1. Why are you only looking at "draft picks invested"? You do realize that draft picks aren't the only assets a team can invest...right? The most important asset in football is arguably cap space. Why aren't you considering the FAT contracts being handed out to guys like Antonio Brown, Marvin Jones and many others? By your logic, the Lions lost nothing by investing 1/20th of their cap space on one player. By your logic, the Seahawks trading for Jimmy Graham doesn't count because they didn't technically draft him. Same with the Pats trading for Brandin Cooks, etc. 

TL;DR - Why are you only considering draft picks?

2. Until you make a list of teams - with the draft picks, trades and cap space invested to surround their QB with weapons...your post proves zilch because we have no basis for comparison. Just your opinion (which I'm sure is totally unbiased).

If CAP space is the most important  asset, and the Bengals always have a ton of it, yet they never acquire any top FAs, how does that work?   I will wait for you to explain how cap space helps the bengals in Free Agency. 

The Pats last took a skill player in the 1st round in 20006  -  Maroney

Steelers - one in the last decade - 2008   Mendenhall 

Ravens - 1 skill player 1st round pick in the last 12 years - Perriman

Broncos - 0 1st round skill players taken in the last 7 years. 

Falcons - 1 in the last decade - Julio

Seattle has not spent a 1st rounder on a skill player since Jeremy Stevens in 2002 - Lol

In the last 8 years  - the bengals have spent 4 1st rounders on skill -  AJ, Ross, Gresh and Eifert. 

Lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skill players surrounding Andy - TKUHL - 07-20-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Skill players surrounding Andy - kevin - 07-25-2017, 01:54 AM
RE: Skill players surrounding Andy - McC - 07-21-2017, 09:17 PM
RE: Skill players surrounding Andy - OrangeLacroix - 07-23-2017, 08:51 PM