Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ?
(08-08-2017, 06:24 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I do not see any point in going all out in our first preseason game.  A preseason loss does not matter.  

I'm sure we will see the vanilla version of the playbook....Still, other than a handful of players, most of these guys need to GET AT IT if they want to keep or earn a job in the NFL....A lot of these guys only have this game and next weeks game because by Preseason Game 3, the starters get stretched out and MANY CUTS....Plus, this isn't the touch footy ball Pro Bowl. If you don't go all out in a Preseason Game, you get injured because the other team has players fighting for a job and a paycheck this year. ...Lack of effort or not going All Out will cost some players their NFL jobs and also might get them injured. 

So I expect the coaches keeping a lot of playbook for regular season and vanilla playbook, BUT I do expect players on the field going All Out...All Super Bowl winners say it started back in Training Camp and Preseason.  I hope that some late round picks and undrafted free agents open some coaches eyes, because we could use that.  Bengals were not very good last year, and we need some surprise players like the year Burfict an undrafted free agent.  Had he never got his preseason shot, he might not even be in NFL.  Everybody on team should get in the game and bust their rear ends for a job as if a job interview, which it is. 

We have 17 Offensive Linemen in camp, and every one of them should play, because one of the guys farther down the list may be better than the unproven starters.

I would like to see some players make GAME WINNING plays....I don't want to see them lose all Preseason either. Often that means your team stinks. Supposedly fans say we have all this great depth. OK, lets see them make Game Winning BIG PLAYS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - kevin - 08-10-2017, 03:33 AM