Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder
(08-11-2017, 10:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Believe it or not there is a population out there that does not give this organization the benefit of the doubt and will look for the negative in every move they make,

Can you really say they haven't earned their "Wrong until proven right" reputation?  I could see Mike Brown turning down all but the most slam dunk of trades because shifting the roster during the season is a pain in the ass and it's not like he's going to lose his job if he makes a wrong move anyways.  Why bother?

(08-11-2017, 10:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because they have stated that AJM is garbage and no one would offer us anything more than a 4th-5th for him, So when they se an insider such as Albert Breer say not only did a team offer a 2nd, the Bengals decided that was not enough; it chips away from their narrative. 

I have no reason to assume Albert Breer would make up such a thing. Could he? Sure. Why would he?..........

On the one hand, the NFL media hates us and never talks about us...preferring to discuss the most mundane aspects of the Cowboys/Packers/Steelers/Patriots endlessly.  On the other hand, the NFL media just can't stop making up rumors about trade offers made for our backup QB.  Something doesn't add up.

My conclusion?  Offers were made, but it's easier to just follow the status quo and stay the course.  Risky moves and trades are for teams with GMs that have their performance linked to their employment status.

(08-12-2017, 09:22 AM)jaydee_71 Wrote: However if it was Browns that offered it then they where right to turn down, if you think there is any chance Mccarron is good starting QB you dont trade him within the division.

This makes sense, but honestly I'm sick of the Browns handing the Steelers and Ravens a grand total of 4 wins per year.  I'm not saying we should actively help them get better, but the fact that they are a total joke seems to hurt us more than it helps. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - McC - 08-11-2017, 04:04 AM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - McC - 08-11-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - McC - 08-11-2017, 02:12 PM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - Nately120 - 08-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - BenZoo2 - 08-11-2017, 11:44 AM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - 'E' - 08-11-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - 'E' - 08-11-2017, 02:32 PM