Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder
We should've taken the pick. That's not a knock in any way on McCarron or Brown. At best, we'll net a 3rd round comp pick when he signs elsewhere (whatever season that is).

I do not dislike McCarron. I have absolutely nothing against him. He is a good back up and could probably be a good starter in the NFL. What I don't like is some have crowned him the savior over Dalton as soon as he was drafted. No matter what, they will always overvalue McCarron simply for the fact he's not Dalton. I haven't seen enough from him to feel that the hype is warranted. He's played a handful of games. However, it's perfectly acceptable to say he's worth a 1st round pick at minimum, he would be just as good as Dalton at the very least, that he's the best backup in the League, and that the Bengals should move on from Dalton's bloated contract and hand the job over to him. On the flip side, it's okay to say Driskel sucks and only looks good against 3s in one game even with less to go on than McCarron. It's not okay to say anything negative about McCarron because he hasn't had enough playing time, but it's perfectly acceptable to judge Driskel on no playing time. Go figure.

I feel the season will be over if Dalton goes down regardless of who is the backup. That's not a knock on anyone's talent, but the team will go vanilla on offense and that will be that. So take the second, groom Driskel, and look to draft another backup in the future. Besides, it would give McCarron his chance to become a starter. I do believe he deserves a chance, but it's not going to happen as long as Dalton is healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - McC - 08-11-2017, 04:04 AM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - McC - 08-11-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - McC - 08-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - BenZoo2 - 08-11-2017, 11:44 AM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - 'E' - 08-11-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - 'E' - 08-11-2017, 02:32 PM
RE: Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder - muskiesfan - 08-12-2017, 10:53 AM