Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-28-2015, 05:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Neither. Everyone knows it was 'cause of the Gatorade.

Mellow

Seriously, though, I've always thought the coaches. I don't remember the year and I can't find the article, but Carson got asked why they weren't going deep (I think it was in '06 or '07) and he said he really didn't know, that they had the team for it, that the OC (Brat) had the plays for it, that he wanted to and that the OC wanted to. And that was just the end of it. It didn't go into any insight as to why they weren't.

Then and now, I took that to mean Marvin or Mike wanted to  go with more running, shorter passes.

I remember after the 2007 season Marvin got a little power happy and decided to "blow it all up" and start over... Sadly, He was talking about the team as a whole. The defense desperately needed a shakeup, but the offense? Couldn't tell ya why... It's no coincidence that the offensive powerhouse we had started to dwindle during the 2008 season. You could see that the playcalling had become far more conservative and the team started playing "defensive football". I hated it... That offense was built to score 30+ a game, not bleed the clock dry after getting a 14 point lead in the first quarter.

Marvin loves that kind of football though. I'll never forget after we swept the AFC north at Pittsburgh in 09... It was one of the ugliest offensive performances I had ever seen (I think we settled for 5 or 6 field goals in that game?). Marvin was quoted after the game calling it one of his favorite games he had ever coached... REALLY!? :snark:

Ill never blame Carson for wanting out. Why stick with a team who flatout refuses to play to your strengths?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM