Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-28-2015, 05:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I remember after the 2007 season Marvin got a little power happy and decided to "blow it all up" and start over... Sadly, He was talking about the team as a whole. The defense desperately needed a shakeup, but the offense? Couldn't tell ya why... It's no coincidence that the offensive powerhouse we had started to dwindle during the 2008 season. You could see that the playcalling had become far more conservative and the team started playing "defensive football". I hated it... That offense was built to score 30+ a game, not bleed the clock dry after getting a 14 point lead in the first quarter.  

Marvin loves that kind of football though. I'll never forget after we swept the AFC north at Pittsburgh in 09... It was one of the ugliest offensive performances I had ever seen (I think we settled for 5 or 6 field goals in that game?). Marvin was quoted after the game calling it one of his favorite games he had ever coached... REALLY!?  :snark:  

Ill never blame Carson for wanting out. Why stick with a team who flatout refuses to play to your strengths?

I will.  Especially when a year later they draft AJ Green in the first round.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - WhoDeyWho - 07-28-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM