Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-29-2015, 11:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That is your chosen conclusion, and I disagree with it.  During the 2011 off-season both Carson Palmer and Marvin Lewis raised major concerns about the franchise with Mike Brown.  Mike Brown refused to budge on either and Marvin chose to fall back in line and Carson chose not to.

They both threatened to "quit" as you put it but for some reason only the guy who was actually able to get hired at the same position with another team is demonized while the guy who probably figured it was Bengals-or-nothing stopped making demands and walked back to his cage with his tail between his legs to continue dreaming of the practice facility Mikey won't give him.

The only reason Carson missed game time in 2011 is because Mike Brown would rather win an argument than entertain trade offers.  Carson could have been traded that spring and all this manufactured controversy would have stayed quiet. But just like those neighbors you have that argue as loudly as they want because they don't care what people think of them, the Bengals managed to turn it into yet another player vs. Mike Brown off-season debacle.

That's my take.  I realize it requires more thought than "He quit, he's a quitter" so feel free to dismiss it.

[Image: Drops-Mic-Walks-Away-Gif.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - djs7685 - 07-29-2015, 11:16 AM