Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-29-2015, 11:25 AM)Benton Wrote: Not disagreeing. Just pointing out that guys like Peyton and Brees do get vocal about their teams and frustrations just like Carson did.

Winning fixes everything, and/or being a winner changes what people think.  Hines Ward would call out his QBs and whine and complain as much, if not more than TO or Chad (ok maybe not MORE than TO) but he was just being "a vocal leader" and he was doing the "right thing" because "young players look up to guys with rings" and so on. 

Chad goes on dancing with the stars and then has a down year in the NFL and people go on about how it's obvious he doesn't care about football and he's too busy being a diva TV star.  Hines ward goes on the SAME show, does the same thing and then completely falls off a cliff the next season and I'll be darned if I heard one single person claim that Hines stunk because his head wasn't in the game and he'd rather dance than play football. Nope, everyone was too busy stroking themselves over how much HONOR he had for retiring a Steeler rather than go somewhere else when it seemed to me no other team wanted him. Again, deductive reasoning.

The same deductive reasoning happen with Carson and Bengals fans.  Carson, for lack of a better term, is a bit of an emotional robot...he just doesn't get too high or too low when it comes to expression.  When we would lose people would say that he just has no fire, no leadership, doesn't care.  When we would win people would say he is unshakable, he has icewater in his veins, he keeps calm under pressure, etc..  It's such deductive, self-serving, biased stuff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Nately120 - 07-29-2015, 11:31 AM