Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-29-2015, 12:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Your stupid line of "I realize it requires more thought" is insulting.  You can excuse away his actions by saying that others also threatened (but did not act), or that he was dealing with such a horrible environment that he would rather sit (quit) than play for this team is nothing but that, excuses.  Not one other player on the team took his stance, and they all play for the same coach and owner.  Saying that calling him a quitter takes less thought than your excuse making is not accurate.  It may be simple, but it is factual...HE QUIT WHILE UNDER CONTRACT. 

Amazingly, a great deal of the media (ESPN) chose to portray Palmer as the victim.  "It's the Bengals", etc.  I will never accept his actions as anything but cowardly.   If you want to see what a real man, a leader, does in such situations look no further than Kurt Warner.  The Rams and Cardinals were just as big a joke, if not bigger, than the Bengals for some time.  He can in, worked with his team, and took them each to a Super Bowl....and won one of them.

I'm sure there were things Warner didn't like about those franchises.  In fact, I remember seeing a pretty demonstrative spat with Todd Haley in one game, but he never quit.  He won. 

Good points, but the Rams had Vermiel, not Giggles....advantage Rams......had that batshit crazy owner (what was her name), we had Mikey.....push  Smirk

.....also, Whisenhunt is probably better than Marv as well....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-29-2015, 01:51 PM