Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-30-2015, 10:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't disagree with you, but being from Pittsburgh I recall late in the 2013 season sitting at the Sunday night game between the Bengals and Steelers at Heinz Field with my cousin (also a Bengals fan) and 2 Steelers fan friends and the Bengals were a lock to win the division but were getting shellacked by the Steelers.  A guy behind us says (not to us) "Who cares, let the Bengals make the playoffs, they won't do anything."  I'm not saying this guy was a visionary (sour grapist, is more like it) but that's what the Bengals have become until further notice (and that guy said it 2 losses ago).

Yea, the regular season is exciting, but we're the opposite of the Ravens, Giants, or Steelers; teams that make the playoffs and people think "Look out, this team can go on a run."  By this point it seems like people around here, and even experts, are talking about this being the make or break year Dalton wins or doesn't win a playoff game.  People already assume the Bengals will make it, so the important stuff isn't going to happen for months after the season starts, I guess.

Anyways, I think we're getting a little off topic but good discussion.

The problem is, it never seems to be the make or break year for Mediocre Marv and his Merry Band of Tenured Bums. :snark:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-30-2015, 10:35 AM