Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-30-2015, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Some people act like the enjoyment that the experienced with regular season wins never happened once we lose a playoff game.  But the fact is that the future can not change the present, and the past can not change the present.

When we win a regular season game I am happy.  I don't say "I don't know if I am happy or not because I have to wait and see what happens in the playoffs".  And even if we win a Super Bowl that does not make me happy in subsequent years when we lose regular season games.  I don't say "Well the Steelers just beat us but I am happy because we won a Super Bowl a few years ago."

Winning is fun and losing is bad.  But neither the future nor the past changes what happens in the present.

That's not true at all. Both the past and the future affect what you're doing in the present. The past influences what you do now because hopefully you learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them. Planning for the future influences what you're doing in the present.

I will show you . . .
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-30-2015, 02:20 PM