Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-30-2015, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are confusing "planning for the future" with something that has not happened yet effecting how you feel right now.

When we win a big regular season game you can't say "I am not happy now because of something that has not happened yet."  Playoff losses do not go back into the past and take away the pleasure of a regular season win.

And even though some people claim that if we win a Super Bowl it will make them happy when we lose after that i don't think it would help me.  If we lose a game I don't say "I am happy because of a game we won last year".

And you are changing your argument mid stream.

You wrote . . .

(07-30-2015, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But neither the future nor the past changes what happens in the present.

Now you're changing "what happens" to emotional feelings.  "Planning for the future" is the future affecting your decisions in the present. 

"What happens" in the past and the future can affect emotions, also.  I still get upset thinking about my brother being killed in a head on collision in 2012.  Last year I had to recertify my boards and I was very anxious about passing while studying in April for a test I was scheduled to take in December. 

But, now I'm sorry I even brought this crap up.  (Ooh, I guess the past is affecting how I feel in the present.  Strange.)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-30-2015, 05:03 PM