Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-31-2015, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's the logic I just don't understand. "Lets be happy they're making it to the playoffs".

As if the playoff mean something when you're getting bounced in convincing fashion every single time.

The point of the playoffs in to win in the playoffs. If you never win, is there a point?

Like it or not, this is exactly how a lot of people feel. A Bengals beat reporter even said last year that seasons are becoming tainted by the focus on the playoff losses. Unfortunately, that's the #1 thing our team is known for right now: playoff disappointment. That's undeniable really. I'm glad that you are able to ignore the giant elephant in the room and 100% enjoy the Bengals' wins without thinking about their playoff failures, but this isn't the case for many people.

If you got to drive a Ferrari 4 times and each time it ended with a wreck, would you thoroughly enjoy the 5th drive? Or would all those crashes be in the back of your mind, tainting your enjoyment?

Absolutely !

The spin doctors argument makes no sense. Sure we enjoy regular season wins, but we want more.

The goal of every team every year is to win the super bowl - period. Anything less is a failure ! You're going to fail more often than not with 32 teams in the hunt. And sure some measure of success - regular season wins has to be good enough at times. But when you never show any progress i.e. being able to move forward in the playoffs,  by at least even looking like you belong is unacceptable !

If we had to this point, just won a damn playoff game we would be moving forward and have some hope for the future. Our hope is jerked out from under us every winter when we get our asses handed to us in the exact same way we have every single time ! No improvement

Even if we go 16-0 this season and then crap our pants and get thumped in the 1st playoff game the season was a failure. I don't care how it's spinned.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - bengalfan74 - 07-31-2015, 11:14 PM