Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One play has me convinced Zampese is not evolving
(08-20-2017, 01:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Brat's infamous shovel pass did indeed often gain two yards or more -- but I still don't want him back.

Since brat was let go, I've gotten the feeling that he was handcuffed by Marv. A lot of the stuff we see now we also saw when Brat was here. Example, the play described above. The 50/50 lob to the end zone on third and short (or 4th and short) was occasionally called when brat was here. Infuriated us every time. I think it only worked once, against Carolina in 2006.

I wouldn't mind having Brat back if he was allowed to do his own thing. He was our OC for the glorious offensive units of 2005/2006. But things turned sour when Marv decided to take a more defensive approach to the game. This meant a more controlled approach on offense. Long, sustained drives that took plenty of time off the clock and kept the D fresh and off the field. Scoring quick and fast would not work with a defensive approach.

Coincidence that Brat's offense started sucking around the same time? Maybe.. But I have my doubts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One play has me convinced Zampese is not evolving - Pat5775 - 08-20-2017, 02:27 PM