Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One play has me convinced Zampese is not evolving
(08-20-2017, 02:27 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Since brat was let go, I've gotten the feeling that he was handcuffed by Marv. A lot of the stuff we see now we also saw when Brat was here. Example, the play described above. The 50/50 lob to the end zone on third and short (or 4th and short) was occasionally called when brat was here. Infuriated us every time. I think it only worked once, against Carolina in 2006.

I wouldn't mind having Brat back if he was allowed to do his own thing. He was our OC for the glorious offensive units of 2005/2006. But things turned sour when Marv decided to take a more defensive approach to the game. This meant a more controlled approach on offense. Long, sustained drives that took plenty of time off the clock and kept the D fresh and off the field. Scoring quick and fast would not work with a defensive approach.

Coincidence that Brat's offense started sucking around the same time? Maybe.. But I have my doubts.

I've often felt the playcalling (both offense and defense) had been (somewhat) dictated by someone other than the respective coordinators. No way to prove it, though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One play has me convinced Zampese is not evolving - ochocincos - 08-20-2017, 02:32 PM