Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One play has me convinced Zampese is not evolving
(08-21-2017, 12:44 AM)impactplaya Wrote: It has me on edge because there was no reason to go all or nothing with only 2 yds to get a first down 
Oh yeah the Steelers would have thrown it to Bell on a swing or arrow route or hit Brown on a option route depending on how he was being defended underneath 

But you're putting more importance on calling plays to win a game than you are on what preseason is for. There are plenty of plays in the playbook that are successful against certain situations--down and distance, field position, etc. 

Coaches and players have stated many times; there's no actual game planning during a preseason game. They go into it with a particular set of runs and passes they want to practice against an opponent. They don't deviate from that just to try and score more points and win. That's for the regular season. 

Preseason is for getting reps with certain plays and evaluating talent. Anyone, obviously, would still like to win but that's not the primary objective. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One play has me convinced Zampese is not evolving - rfaulk34 - 08-21-2017, 01:17 AM