Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this?
(10-18-2017, 10:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My main gripe has to be the penalties. Nearly any time there is a big play, there is a pretty good chance there was a flag thrown. It really takes the excitement out of the game when it's penalty after penalty. All the flags often put the outcome of the game in the hands of the refs. And a lot of these penalties are subjective, especially hard hits. There should be three challenges added just for penalties per half.

It seems like college calls fewer penalties than NFL does, but maybe that's because of fewer penalties actually being committed rather than the NFL refs just being more nitpicky vs college refs. But if feels like the college refs allow more things to go unless they are blatant. Anyone else notice this?

The issue too is that we are all watching on giant HD TVs and each call is shown from 10 angles and the video of said call is available on the internet for instant access immediately and forever onward and so on and so forth.  

Let's also admit that fans are extremely biased when it comes to seeing flags.  Fans can complain about the NFL throwing too many flags all they want all week long, but the second their QB gets taken down on 3rd down but they get a 15 yard "roughing the passer" flag instead of the punting unit they go ballistic with joy.

I'll admit the fact that there is a flag on virtually every punt return is annoying, but I'll be damned if I don't hear some uproarious cheers when a flag is thrown against the opposing team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this? - Nately120 - 10-18-2017, 10:29 AM