Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this?
(10-18-2017, 10:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My main gripe has to be the penalties. Nearly any time there is a big play, there is a pretty good chance there was a flag thrown. It really takes the excitement out of the game when it's penalty after penalty. All the flags often put the outcome of the game in the hands of the refs. And a lot of these penalties are subjective, especially hard hits. There should be three challenges added just for penalties per half.

It seems like college calls fewer penalties than NFL does, but maybe that's because of fewer penalties actually being committed rather than the NFL refs just being more nitpicky vs college refs. But if feels like the college refs allow more things to go unless they are blatant. Anyone else notice this?

This is pretty much my thought also. Also, there seems to be to many ticky tack stuff called. One example is WJIII getting called for 12 men on the field only because his foot hadn't touch the ground yet although he was clearly over the sideline. If I remember right, that kept the Packers drive alive. 

I personally, don't watch to much NFL unless the Bengals are on anymore. Maybe it is a generational thing. Younger people aren't into football like the older people are. My kids are in their 20's an don't watch it, yet both played and loved it. Just found better things to do I guess.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this? - sandwedge - 10-18-2017, 11:52 AM