Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this?
(10-18-2017, 11:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think you're underestimating the KaeperDICK effect. Of the 5 guys in my office who are huge football fans, 3 have completely quit watching and are trying to become soccer fans so they have something to watch.....

I side with you on this Sled.

I know a number of people that have stopped watching or now watch only a fraction of what they would have normally watched over the Anthem issue. They are not Bluffing.

There is a Sacred element to the National Anthem where people are to stand silently, hand over heart if you choose to and have respect for the Nation, Military men & women that have died and as an extension Police, First responders, Fire Departments etc.

Breaking in on this historically Sacred moment with a bent knee to promote a cause by anyone, especially well paid athletes, strikes a Nerve with many.

Then some people inferring that anyone that does not condone the protests does not understand the protestor's cause, does not care about that cause, opposes Free speech or may actually be racist themselves. That further strikes a nerve.

Co opting Sacred moments like National Anthems on a continual basis to promote a cause has just proven to Backfire.

The cause gets attention, however, there is an Outcry for the Sacredness to be returned to the Anthems. Choosing not to return that Sacredness will come at a cost of lost customers, lost money and loss of respect for those that chose to promote a cause at the expense of what those lost customers hold sacred.

It remains to be seen how it all unfolds. The Owners are boxed in here as a sizeable percentage of their customer base does not support Anthem protests. Others do, including many players that likely won't take no for an answer so they can continue the cause.

The Owners are in a no win situation here.

Taking heat from both sides and in the pocket book also.

Many offended customers that they may choose to keep offending unless they choose to honk off the other side & many players.

A two edged Sword.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this? - depthchart - 10-18-2017, 01:06 PM