Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this?
(10-19-2017, 01:43 PM)BengalD Wrote: I'm a retired military vet and I haven't watched a game since after week 2. I called and received a refund for my unused portion of my Sunday Ticket.
I really never gave the one or two morons that were disrespecting the salute to our nation much thought because: a.) As a career military man I realized early that we were all one team.  When you serve you don't have to like everyone you serve with but when push comes to shove we all serve together and we have each other backs. And therefore we don't really care much what anybody else thinks as long as the team is successful.   b.) when you serve you learn that you sacrifice some of your freedoms for the betterment of the team and over all the betterment of the nation and therefore we know that street civilians could never understand that.   c.)  Part of the reason we serve is to insure the rights of everyone - whether we like what they do or not.
However, as the issue escalated and after some reflecting I realized by virtue of the fact that I watch the games and go to a few,  I was supporting the very same individuals and organization that would turn their backs on the flag in favor of more notoriety and still make their millions.  And therefore have decided to not add to their paychecks anymore.
If these guys want to make a difference, they can start by taking a page out of Chris Longs playbook (dude is giving all his weekly pay checks to charities to fund scholarships).  I was always told early in my military career by my superiors (before I became one) "If you come to the table with problems you better be bringing some solutions with you"  The solution is not to publicly show disrespect for the country which enabled you to play American football to start with.

Thank All of You Who Have Served or are Serving!

No it would seem you joined the military to not only protect people's freedom to protest, but also to sit and watch it whether you agree or not.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this? - michaelsean - 10-19-2017, 01:47 PM