Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? '
(11-01-2017, 04:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the fact you have to go back almost 30 years to call horseshit speaks for itself. Palmer was always well protected. He did get his nose busted in a preseason game once and folks lost their minds, but his protection was always well above average.

Andy has had a very good oline his whole career up to this point. like I said each year a handful of QBs have to deal with an atrocious Oline. This year is Andy's and it is all folks can talk about.  

Expect for...

2006 - when Palmer was sacked 36 times (9th most in the league)
2008 - when Palmer/Fitz were sacked 51 times (3rd most in the league) - so people losing their minds over Palmer's broken nose was justified...it was a sign of things to come
2012 - when Dalton was sacked 46 times (3rd most in the league)
2016 - when Dalton was sacked 41 times (2nd most in the league)
2017 - Dalton on pace for 50 sacks (9th most in the league, 3rd most per attempt)

and go ahead throw in 2009, when Palmer was sacked 26 times (15th in the league) but was 19th in attempts and we had to hide the poor blocking with an extra tackle and unbalanced lines, which greatly limited our options throwing the ball. So 6 of the last 12 seasons have featured poor pass blocking. 

That's not even getting into the run blocking, where we've ranked 20th or worse in YPC since 2006 in every season sans 2014.

(11-01-2017, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, but I personally feel it is overkill in this forum and the reason is what I have stated. We haven't had to go through it especially at the blindside.

Any subject that is brought up in this forum eventually goes back to the oline; it's like Kevin bacon.

I can see why it'd be annoying to talk about the same thing over and over, but everything on offense depends on blocking and we have a historically bad line, so...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? ' - Shake n Blake - 11-01-2017, 08:50 PM