Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little hope going into Monday
(11-20-2017, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I appreciate all the work you did on that, I think it is much more realistic to say "well, they have a good chance to beat the Browns". This is really applicable, albeit on different levels, to any Marvin Lewis coached team. The best rosters the Bengals have had beat solid teams by not beating themselves. This team doesn't have the talent to sit back and hope the opposition makes dumb passes (like Denver) or misses tackles (like Cleveland) and they eek out a win.

In other words, and I apologize because we have all heard this before, playing not to lose usually leads to a loss.

Agree with everything here; if we finish the season making the 6th seed, we probably keep Marvin another year... There's a bright and dark side to this outcome. I want to see us win, but I don't want MB to have any wiggle room to bring Marvin back. I could see us slipping in some how some way which would probably be the opposite of a blessing in disguise. We would keep Marvin another year, lose round 1 of the playoffs and have a 8-8 pick in the draft... I don't honestly believe the Bengals will go to the playoffs nor do they deserve it, but Marvin is going to push for the best record possible to save his job. Wouldn't be surprised either way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little hope going into Monday - Bengalpool - 11-20-2017, 09:56 AM
RE: A little hope going into Monday - CJD - 11-20-2017, 11:13 AM
RE: A little hope going into Monday - wcu - 11-20-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: A little hope going into Monday - BMK - 11-21-2017, 11:24 AM
RE: A little hope going into Monday - Utts - 11-22-2017, 04:17 AM