Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little hope going into Monday
(11-20-2017, 09:58 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Season has been tough on ya huh, Racer? You use to be the eternal optimist around these parts.

Marv has lost me this year.  Punting when down, but not out in the first game of the season.  Playing duds over young guys because, well, they are young.  Even the defense looks disinterested now because they know most games they have no shot.  The way he has treated Ross after one mistake, when the rest of his team makes mistake after mistake with no fear of being replaced (See Bodine, Hopkins, etc).  

It runs so contrary to my beliefs in terms of when effort doesn't match talent.  As a coach, I am known for taking kids that no one saw as the next great athlete and turning them in to Division I scholarships.  Effort, technique, dedication, etc.  I show belief in kids that maybe lack a little confidence in themselves and I see them blossom.  I know it is at a very different level, but in many sports coaching over many decades, I understand human nature and how to get the most out of a person.  

It seems like Marv is actually intentionally trying to keep some people down, and it makes me want to throat punch his dumb ass.  

A stupid analogy I make is that any teacher can get an A student, and they will keep getting As, but how do you do with your B, C, and even D students?  It is their fault they aren't motivated?  That they don't know how to get better?  Maybe no one has ever taken the time to show them the right way?  Maybe no one has ever shown belief in them?

I don't care if they are 8, 18, or 28 years old.  The best coaches can always get the most out of players.  Marv is light years away from being that kind of coach, so the team I love with my very soul plays with zero effort.  And it kills me to watch.

Don't believe me about effort because they beat a horrible Denver team?  Denver has a very good defense.  The Bengals were backed up to their one yard line.  Denver had what was essentially a ten man front.  The Bengals plowed them backward and Mixon fought for four yards.  That is effort.  That shows you they are capable, but they aren't putting that effort in every snap.  Do they not like Mixon?  Well, they block even worse for Bernard.  They are capable.  Yep, our line is capable, but their scheme is a joke, they are predictable as hell, and they have no motivation.  Coaching, coaching, coaching.

It won't suddenly "flip the switch" and look like a real NFL team.  Not with the current coaching staff.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little hope going into Monday - SHRacerX - 11-20-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: A little hope going into Monday - CJD - 11-20-2017, 11:13 AM
RE: A little hope going into Monday - wcu - 11-20-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: A little hope going into Monday - BMK - 11-21-2017, 11:24 AM
RE: A little hope going into Monday - Utts - 11-22-2017, 04:17 AM