Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class
(11-22-2017, 02:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So after the past 5 draft classes excluding this past years...name the guys that you think are good?

Saying we had good starters and we didn't need the guys to play is irrelevant. Which of those guys is good?

Ok... let me try it this way.

You're playing Madden (no, this isn't an attempted slam, just a good way to illustrate). 

You have Bob Smith on your roster. He's a DE with an 84 ranking. 

You draft Tom Thumb. He's a DE with an 82 ranking.

Did you have a horrible draft? Bob stays healthy and Tom doesn't play for three seasons... does that mean you haven't been drafting well? Or does that mean you drafted well and you haven't seen how some players, like Tom, panned out?

Our TE situation is a good example. Eifert was a solid pick... until he wasn't. Kroft was just — to some — a waste, a bad pick, some guy riding the pine as we spiraled hopelessly down, down, down. My God! 10 receptions in 14 games!? 10!? 14 games!!!!! And then out of nowhere, Kroft isn't a wasted pick. He's pulling in 30 receptions and 3 touchdowns and looking decent doing it.

We've had a couple disastrous picks. I've taken a lot of lumps the last two years for my criticism of our drafts, both on the board and off. But to say we're a bad drafting team because so many we haven't seen or have seen but they weren't coached well, I don't agree with. And I'll leave it at that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class - Benton - 11-22-2017, 03:03 PM