Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class
(11-22-2017, 03:04 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Every team has hits and misses every draft. A winning team also has off draft years. Winning teams have the willingness and knowledge to cut losses and to add legitimate free agent players. I think it's best to look at the totality of an off-season. Losing 2 top OLmen when you have a weak OL, resigning CB's instead. If this team cut the expensive deadweight and actually used a brain in Free Agency to address needs with above average players, they would win. They go fo cheap has beens or never was types looking to catch lightning in a bottle. They wait too long to cut turd players. The funny thing is by cutting two duds at vet pay, you can sign one solid, real talent. You replace the other guy by drafting, I don't know???? Maybe not early round guys that have had major injuries? Maybe emphasize good character because good characters don't get arrested fo b.s. and they tend to buy into team concepts. They aren't worried about dancing and me first. Rex Burkhead was a perfect example at why we suck. He gave 100%, cared, had multi purpose talent and was cheap. He isn't a priority to keep. Pac man is a thug, pure and simple. He's selfish, undisciplined and expensive. He's a must keep. Who does that? It makes it seem like they're trying to lose or they are completely incompetent. Sorry, to get away from draft talk... I'd say each draft pick needs three years and a fair shot before he's labelled as bad though.

Yeah had we added a couple solid free agent lineman we're not in this mess as bad...which is what some of us called for.

Heck, keeping Zeitler instead of Kirkpatrick and relying on Jackson to start would have been an awesome move! And yes...they may have been able to extend Zeitler for $10 million a year before free agency. I'm sure he didn't dream of playing for the Browns.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class - THE PISTONS - 11-22-2017, 03:22 PM