Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class
(11-22-2017, 03:34 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I didn't mean to change the subject from the draft. It's just screwy that the team had two different avenues to strengthen and fix holes. The holes are always pretty obvious to most fans but we're to believe that the owner and coaches couldn't identify these blatantly obvious to an idiot holes? The media saw it, the fans saw it and the Bengals denied it. The local media won't ask for explanations as to why everyone but the team saw the obvious. They pissed away a great opportunity this year.

I don't know that it's that they can't identify the issues. I think it's 2 things:

1) The guys that are the issues are signed to a cheap contract and fixing the issue would cost more money. Like it or not the Bengals are managed like a business and not necessarily to win without any other considerations. This team has 5 playoff wins in franchise history.
2) Many of the coaches who are responsible for picking these players is who are responsible for playing them. That creates bias and makes them stay with guys longer to try to prove they made the right choice.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class - THE PISTONS - 11-22-2017, 04:35 PM