Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class
(11-22-2017, 04:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know that it's that they can't identify the issues. I think it's 2 things:

1) The guys that are the issues are signed to a cheap contract and fixing the issue would cost more money. Like it or not the Bengals are managed like a business and not necessarily to win without any other considerations. This team has 5 playoff wins in franchise history.
2) Many of the coaches who are responsible for picking these players is who are responsible for playing them. That creates bias and makes them stay with guys longer to try to prove they made the right choice.
True, both 1 and 2 relate to being cheap. I read an old article awhile back. The Bengals received something like 245 million in revenue sharing in 2016. Their payroll was around 118 million and they were like 32 million under the salery cap. These numbers are round about and off of memory. I don't think that it counted local revenue. I'd love to get an idea of how much ole Ebenezer Brown makes a year. If winning did matter in the least, that cap number would look way different. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class - Circleville Guy - 11-22-2017, 09:50 PM