Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class
(11-23-2017, 12:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Some of these are pretty weak "hits" to me. None wound up being foundational players. 1 pro-bowler (Eifert) who has missed 41 of 80 games.

Major hits: 

None

Filled a starter spot for awhile, played well but not a huge difference-maker: 

Lawson (I could see him potentially moving up)
DreKirk
Zeitler
Marv Jones
Mo Sanu
Iloka
Gio
Williams
Kroft
Vigil
Dennard

Too early to tell or they weren't on the field enough to make an impact:

WJIII
Lawson
Willis
Burkhead
McCarron
Fej

Injured too much:

Eifert

Sucks (starters that suck get an asterisk):

Hill (unfortunately due to line issues, I have to throw him here. I think Hill is solid, but his 3.6 YPC since 2014 is bad)*
Mixon (Same deal as Hill. He's not making any impact due to the line)*
Blodine*
Ogbuehi*
Fisher*
Core
Uzomah
Boyd
Dawson
Clarke
Margus Hunt
Sean Porter
Still
Thompson
Orson Charles

I can't say it's 100% on the coaching when we drafted 3-4 guys that are failing in historically bad fashion on the o-line. I think Belichick would struggle to make this offense look good with Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Hopkins-Fisher up front. Now that's not me letting the coaches off the hook by any stretch. They wanted these guys, and they're mostly the same coaches that are permanently 0 for forever in the playoffs. 

I do think Marv would have this team at 10-6 with a proper line...but he has to be at fault for the state of the line as well as the playoff/prime-time/Steelers struggles. It's time for everyone to go.

I'd take Kroft over Jesse James, and Green/Brown is a wash to me, Plus Dalton is outplaying Ben this year... but agree on the rest.

Dude you are majorly underrating Marvin Jones and Zeitler. Not to mention we signed Vontaz  in 12 as undrafted free agent  (which counts in a draft class).  Bernard was really good for us in his first 3 years  before an injury and the suckitude known as our Offensive line made it impossible for any RB to be be good.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking All NFL Teams 5-year Success by Draft Class - J24 - 11-23-2017, 02:10 AM