Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is it ok to hate Burfict?
(12-06-2017, 10:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think they Fear him more than Hate him and every one of the haters especially the steelers would love him on their team

Do you REALLY believe the steelers actually fear Burfict? This is the NFL....there's respect, lack of respect, there's hate, but fear? I don't believe most players in the NFL actually play in 'fear'. They never would have made it that far if they feared other players. Burfict was laid out by a freakin' rookie. Doesn't sound like fear to me.

Why would anyone  think the hit on Burfict wasn't at least partly payback for taking out Brown in the playoffs?  Shuster may not have been there, but I'm sure now being a steeler, he's WELL aware of it. Hell, in baseball, a pitcher is considered a coward if he doesn't throw at the head of a batter if the opposing pitcher hit one of his teammates. In hockey, if you take out an opponent with a cheap shot, sooner or later (sometimes many games later) you're going find yourself face down on the ice looking for your teeth.  Right or wrong, I think it's naive to think the same mentality doesn't exist in the NFL.  There's plenty of examples of bad blood between teams and players lasting several seasons.

Obviously, up til now, fines and suspensions have had little affect on Burfict. He's still stepping on players arms and hitting players well out of bounds. That kind of stuff doesn't instill 'fear' in opponents, just lack of respect. Though I hate to see it, maybe, just maybe, taking a helmet to the chin might get his attention.  It's a shame that he is, and has the potential to be a great LB in this league....but for now, he's only known throughout the league as a dirty player. It's also a shame that most other fans that only know of Burfict through Sportscenter and YouTube say he got what he deserved. He's really the only one that can change his image and the narrative.  James Harrison and Ray Lewis were able to do it, Burfict can too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When is it ok to hate Burfict? - jason - 12-05-2017, 11:47 PM
RE: When is it ok to hate Burfict? - BMK - 12-07-2017, 01:06 PM