Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we comfortable with Ogbuehi and Smith as our starting tackles next year?
(12-10-2017, 01:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: The Bengals have put themselves in quite a hole when it comes to their offensive line.  The free agent class is extremely weak this year which means the couple good prospective signings will cost a way to much.  The draft also doesn't have any stars at this point, however once we get some scouting on smaller schools and testing begins some lesser known prospects may rise up to be that 2nd round Tackle.  Andrew Norwell is someone that we could bring in to correct the guard position, however I feel the biggest needs are obviously LT and center.  

I think its obvious at this point that taking the best offensive lineman at #9 will be in our best interest, but don't forget this is the bengals and they will win worthless games to get further back in the draft.

EDIT:  The number 1 player in free agency we should go for is Weston Richburg without a doubt.  He is one of the best centers in the nfl
you said this draft doesn't have any stars at this point....related to the O-line...
I disagree...
ND OG Nelson is rated on some big boards, {walterfootball.com}  as the 4th best player this year....they also project us picking him at #9
  he's supposed to be a better OG than Mankins or DeCastro....a pure F-ing stud....6' 5" road grader...
he's the #1 rated O-lineman coming out this yr...

I know this is the Bengals & that's usually not their style....but maybe this year they'll do the right thing....if he's sill on the board at #9....

we need to get the most BANG for our O-line buck....that is Nelson at #9
all the OT's are rated more mid rd or lower first rd grades....not a great value at #9....reaching isn't good...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we comfortable with Ogbuehi and Smith as our starting tackles next year? - Steve - 12-10-2017, 06:38 PM