Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With a new coach is window still open for core group?
(12-14-2017, 05:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We COULD compete next year IF we make the right moves. Sign 1 or 2 quality lineman.

Then draft an impact player in the 1st Round...whether it's DT, LB, S, or another Lineman. We need a guy who can start and upgrade a position where we are graded Poor.

Then in the 2nd Round, more of the same. That's prime territory for a Center or LB.

I'd then try to trade back up into the 2nd Round for more talent.

Heck - IF we could get 3 talented players with our top 3 picks I'd be really happy. A guy like Christopher Herndon at TE would be nice too in the 4th Round.

Then, IF the coach can rejuvenate some of our busts: Ced, Fisher, Ross, Vigil, Evans, Billings, Core and get 2-3 of those guys to be productive...we're so much better.

For sure, need to add a Guard or Center in FA before the draft and that would be a great start. That will dictate a lot
on how we go early in the Draft. If we go Guard in FA i am wanting Center in the 2nd, if we go Center Quentin Nelson
sure seems like the pick or Connor Williams in the 1st.

BTW, heard you speak of Herndon before, what team is he on? Have to study up on this guy.

Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma will probably be gone early, he reminds me of Jason Witten.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With a new coach is window still open for core group? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-14-2017, 05:58 PM