Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Reactions (Spoilers)
(12-18-2017, 05:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.  At some point, you have to move on from the Skywalker bunch.....and Ren is still here, so there's that for the purists.

This movie, to me, is all about setting up the franchise to move forward.....and yes, I did not see the death of Snoke coming right there.  In fact, I found myself thinking Luke would show up to help Rey escape, and die there.  There were a lot of twists in the movie that I enjoyed.

As you noted, if they go into every single detail of these people, you're looking at a four hour run time.  It had the feel of moving the story forward, while throwing some nostalgia in there to acknowledge the past.  Carrie Fischer is dead, and the next installment was to be the one that featured her.  So, it will be interesting to see how that all plays out.  Maybe with that being the case, there are some loose ends here that are/were meant to be tied up in the next one.  

In my mind, Empire will always be the standard....and very hard to live up to.

Well, at this point who is left? Luke and Han are gone. 

You have Chewy and Leih and Leih is going to be cooked in the next movie for sure (should have been this one). R2 and 3CPO are basically after thoughts at this point. You can include them in future movies but future movies should be about Ren, Finn, etc. Its time to move forward and do something new and fresh. 

BTW, is it appropriate to actually call Ren a Jedi? I mean at this point isn't she just basically a telepathic person? I mean she knows nothing about the Jedi ways and had zero training. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Star Wars Reactions (Spoilers) - WeezyBengal - 12-18-2017, 05:33 PM