Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Reactions (Spoilers)
(12-19-2017, 05:05 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: And I think that this is where the divide is with the audience reaction. And the more and more I think about it, and I'll have to see it again, the more I like it. 

Luke's "This isn't going to go as you think" line might be directed towards the audience as much as anyone. Johnson's take on the series flew against a lot of established themes of the series:

The force is something that connects everyone and everything. Not exclusive to a select amount of people and due to midichlorian count. 

You don't have to be a Skywalker to be special.

Speaking of Skywalkers, Luke isn't some perfect, incorruptible person. 

The Jedi from the prequel were idiots, not the ideal. It would be stupid to try and get back to that. 

Basically, the Last Jedi is a message to audiences that the same old tropes that Lucas marched out there aren't going to be sticking around. That will certainly have a portion of fans up in arms, and understandably so. But to me Johnson's takes Star Wars in a new direction, rather unapologetically. Some will see that as a slap to the face of the series, but I think it is a welcome change. 

But I still want a badass lightsaber duel god dammit! Smirk

I agree. As a purist, I hate it. To each their own, though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Star Wars Reactions (Spoilers) - WeezyBengal - 12-19-2017, 06:06 PM