Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Marvin leaving at the end of the season; team caught off guard
(12-17-2017, 02:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What owner, other than Mike Brown, would even consider hiring a coach who could very well end up 2-35 in his last 37 games as a head coach, and just 1 win in the last 2 years.

When, in NFL history, has any team hired a head coach with Hue's record over his last 37 games?

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say probably never, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t work...I do think I remember a former owner of the browns saying his HC would remain with the team the next year only to be fired that offseason. He made some mistakes with the Browns but clearly learned from them and has since won 5 Super Bowls (if you need the history to make you feel better)....I prefer the hire be made on how good of a coach he is. Some candidates get hired because they were in perfect spots and flame out with new teams, some are in terrible spots and could succeed if given half a chance. 

I’m not saying Hue is the best candidate, but I firmly believe he’s the best we have a shot at getting if the Browns move on again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Marvin leaving at the end of the season; team caught off guard - leonardfan40 - 12-17-2017, 04:42 PM