Poll: Would You Be Done If Lewis Came Back Or A New Coach Was Hired Within?
Yes- You can only push a man so far
No- I would digest and hope for the best. Bengals for life
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will You Be Seriously Done With The Bengals If....
(12-18-2017, 04:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK Shake. Maybe he does take the easy route and hire from the current staff, but the last time he hired a coach from outside the organization...he lasted for 15 years. Maybe Mike keeps that fact in mind as well? At least I hope so.  Pray

There is another way he can go...

Draw a parallel to the whole FA issue.  He went out and spent what was, for him, big money on a WR with a bum knee and got nothing in return.  His response?  Screw that.  We're never spending more than a pittance in FA again.  He blamed the process, not his poor judgment.

The same thing could happen with a new HC.  First, he could say screw going outside the organization.  Or, he could decide to never give a HC much of a leash in the future.   Mike is a guy who doesn't learn from his mistakes.  Or hell, even admit them.  Instead, he blames the process.

This is all part of the negative influence the father had on the son--FA is evil, it is cruel to fire someone, whether they deserve it or not.  Don't think for a second that Paul's fingerprints aren't still all over the organization.  Difference is, Paul would have changed with the times.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will You Be Seriously Done With The Bengals If.... - McC - 12-18-2017, 09:48 PM