Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
(12-20-2017, 11:29 AM)BMK Wrote: I don't believe this team needs to be totally blown up and rebuilt from scratch.

Though it's unclear if Dalton can / will be  the future of the franchise, I think it would be foolish to part with him right now. With a new coach, and the other more pressing needs to focus on, Dalton provides a source of stability and keeps the core of skill players intact while going through the coming transition. Otherwise, this team will become the Browns and wallow for many seasons while trying to get it's legs under them.

Besides,  I think  at the very least, he's earned the opportunity to see what he can do in a different system under new leadership. Who knows what lurks underneath once the Lewis, Zampese, Lasor stink is chiseled off. You can always unload him later. Besides, his contract is still relatively team friendly, and bringing in anyone new, whether a proven veteran or hot shot 1st round rookie, is probably going to cost the team more over the same period of time as the remainder of AD's contract.

I don't think we should part with Dalton. But I think a highly competitive (Read: not a 5th round pick) QB competition would be extremely good for this team as we rebuild.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow? - CJD - 12-20-2017, 11:52 AM