Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
(12-20-2017, 11:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think we should part with Dalton. But I think a highly competitive (Read: not a 5th round pick) QB competition would be extremely good for this team as we rebuild.

(12-20-2017, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, the Bengals haven't had a QB competition since what...Blake vs O'Donnell in 98 or something?  Part of me says we need to have one so we can do anything/something/everything new...part of me knows we've been pretty fortunate with having Palmer/Dalton for the past 15 years.  We haven't gone bust on a QB for a while, nor had to really stretch for one.

I can agree with you guys that drafting another QB might be prudent, I still would not spend a high pick on one, right now.  The team has too many areas of immediate need.

*Unless, of course a new HC had no desire to work with, or build around Andy.

Even then, the new guy is still faced with an OL that is in shambles, a sketchy secondary, and a weak LB corps.  Like I said, a lot of immediate needs on this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow? - SunsetBengal - 12-20-2017, 12:12 PM