Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
(12-20-2017, 03:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Paul Daugherty has always been anti-Andy. So no surprise there. 

2. I'm not falling into the same trap of scapegoating the QB ala 2010 Palmer.

3. Dalton's stats the last 2 weeks are irrelevant to me. The team quit the moment they lost to the Steelers. For 10 straight weeks, this team at least showed fight, and Dalton played well through that stretch. We went from nearly beating probably the 2nd best NFL team, to losing 2 games by a combined score of 67-14. Yeah, Dalton has been terrible in those 2 games along with everyone else. Imagine that. Now we got folks jumping out from under their rocks to point at his passer rating ranking.  

So Dalton is 21st now in passer rating. Guess where that puts him? Right between Derek Carr and Cam Newton. Is that really unforgivable considering the circumstances? Lets not act like other good QB's don't have down years with bad circumstances. Our line? Shit. Run game? Shit. Receivers outside of AJ? Shit. Changed coordinators mid-season. Players quitting because Marv is quitting. Eifert injured again. Ross couldn't get on the field. LaFell looks done.

Lets be honest here. The situation isn't just "not great" it's crap. Dalton doesn't need an immaculate cast to perform at a good level. He just needs the team to not be in utter disarray. 

Is Dalton part of the solution moving forward? Idk...but he's not even a problem with this team. This team is just a shit show, and Dalton isn't an elite (top 3) QB we would need to overcome it. Fwiw, if we could get Josh Rosen somehow (trade up?), I'd be for it, but I don't like any of the other prospects. They all look like 2nd round picks (or later) that will be over-drafted out of desperation to fill a need.

At this stage, I'd rather wait it out and see how Dalton performs under a new coaching staff. If Dalton shows no improvement or still chokes away a playoff game, then I'd look elsewhere. Hopefully we'll be in a better spot or the QB class is better by then. Fwiw, I said the exact same thing about Palmer in 2011. I wanted to see at least 1 year of him without Bratkowski while Dalton sat and learned. 

Lot of truth here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow? - masonbengals fan - 12-20-2017, 06:24 PM