Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
(12-27-2017, 09:05 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Mixon had a horrible season? The run blocking has been disgusting for most of the year. People have been talking about the pass blocking being bad, but the run blocks have been way worse.

I agree that Gio should have been given more touches, but I can't blame the poor running performances on Mixon or Bernard. How many times has either of them made something out of nothing? Mixon seems to have repeated 5, 6, 8, 10 yard runs but then a low average because a lot of plays are blown up in the backfield. I can't blame the RBs for that.

This is a below avg. season for Dunlap. But he hasn't sucked. He won the Colts game for the Bengals.

Burfict is the head and heart of the entire defense. he hasn't sucked at all. Hurt, yes, sucked no.

We all have a different definition of when a player is bad, I guess.

Well, Mixon was under 4 YPC, line woes or not.  The numbers say he had a bad season, and I agree the line is the issue, it's the issue for the entire offense.  Some of us predicted this mess of an offense since we lost Zeit and Whit and did nothing to replace them before the season started. Also, rolling into the season with Zampese as OC was a nightmare. So, if we say the rest of the offense sucks due to ranking, then we must say the backs had a shitty year too, offensive line problems notwithstanding.  You can have your cake, but you can't eat it. Wink 

Dunlap has been in the meh category, for me.  Although, as you say, he did win the Indy game.  However, most people would trash MJ, but he was the only one to show up for the Bears debacle.  Overall, he's been bad, and Los has been meh.

Absolutely agree about Burfict.  When he's played, he's been his usual self.

So, in summation, I think WJIII has had a good year, bonehead move against the Stoolers notwithstanding, and Lawson has shown a lot of good things, but needs work against the run.  Burfict has been very good when he's on the field.  Other than those guys, and the run game a few times this year, I gotta say most of the team has been lackluster to say the least.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow? - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-27-2017, 11:18 AM