Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
(12-29-2017, 12:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You bringing up ESPN's QBR is like someone pro-Dalton bringing up his 2 Pro Bowls.

They're both a joke and immediately lowers the credibility of anything you have to say after that.

You're referencing a stat that is trying to tell us that the 2nd and 4th best QBs in the league are Case Keenum and Dak Prescott. It also says that David Garrard is the owner of the 6th best QB season OF ALL TIME. Lol... the 2nd best single game OF ALL TIME by a QB? It was apparently when Kaepernick threw for 164 yards and 1 TD in 2013 against the Chad Henne Jags, who were 0-8 at the time.

I'm not getting into any other bits of this conversation, but when someone starts bringing up ESPN's QBR, I feel compelled to point out just how much bullshit it is.

I used Total QBR as 1 metric to where Andy Dalton was poor. There's a lot of different info that makes up QBR as explained in that link. I'm not the biggest fan of it, either, but I don't dismiss it entirely from the stand point of information to be gathered to make an opinion. I thought that maybe there was something in there to point me in a positive direction for Andy's play (there wasn't) so I looked it up. I investigate as much as I can to make an informed opinion. Which was my point..... sitting on ONE stat - like the person I quoted - and planting a flag in it as if that makes a strong point is weak and not well thought out.

Speaking of which... Don't like the metric? Fine by me. Does it "lower my credibility"? That's up to you, but I also provided several other stats and links to them showing Andy is not doing well or gettign better. Top 10 in TDs?...... Grrrrreat. He's also Top 10 in INTs.

You ending your reply with "Not getting into other parts of the conversation" without acknowledging the rest of my post's info is cherry picking as that stat wasn't some basis or foundation to my post. I listed several different things unrelated to the Total QBR to backup my point.

PS: Dalton's been to 3 Probowls, and I agree that that's a goofy thing to solely use as a foundation to a point as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow? - PDub80 - 12-29-2017, 12:34 PM