Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ownership philosophy is the problem
(01-09-2018, 01:55 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I’ve known this awhile.  Just thought I’d put it out there since there’s a lot of talk about Marvin Lewis being the issue with why we can’t succeed in the postseason.  While he may be a part of it...it’s 99% Mike Brown and his antiquated ways.  

He seems more interested in running this franchise as a family business outreach program for football players who wouldn’t have a team if not for the Bengals.  

If he strictly ran the franchise as the Patriots do...rewarding good performance and cutting players when they don’t better the team he’d attract better character players and a winning environment.

While i definately agree that this conservative approach in FA makes it nearly impossible to improve into a SB contender,
Marv and his terrible 2nd halfs are another huge reason we don't succeed in the postseason. Maybe if him and his coaches
could coach up these young players by the postseason this would help once we get there?

Most is definately on MB and his antiquated ways but a lot has been on Marv in the past as well. Just hoping that Marv
getting to pick his own coaches is a start at actually our coaches doing better in coaching our players.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ownership philosophy is the problem - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-10-2018, 08:48 PM