Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ownership philosophy is the problem
(01-10-2018, 08:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: While i definately agree that this conservative approach in FA makes it nearly impossible to improve into a SB contender,
Marv and his terrible 2nd halfs are another huge reason we don't succeed in the postseason. Maybe if him and his coaches
could coach up these young players by the postseason this would help once we get there?

Most is definately on MB and his antiquated ways but a lot has been on Marv in the past as well. Just hoping that Marv
getting to pick his own coaches is a start at actually our coaches doing better in coaching our players.

Stonyhands is absolutely right.  It all comes back to Mike Brown, and his methods of doing things.  

Look, if we had an owner that moved his ideas forward with the times, would we all really be getting excited about assistant coaching changes?  C'mon, how many of us were expecting a change at HC this season?  I know that I certainly was.  No disrespect intended to Marvin, but if after 15 years you haven't won a playoff game, it's time to move on.

The only one to blame for this is Marvin's boss, the team owner, Mike Brown.  Back at the beginning of the season, I went through the dulldrums about Mike Brown, got a little negative for a minute, even went on to write a diatribe or two about it.  Until Mike either steps aside, or passes away, no wholesale changes to the philosophy of the organization will ever occur.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ownership philosophy is the problem - SunsetBengal - 01-10-2018, 09:26 PM