Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Season Tickets Have Been Canceled....
(01-04-2018, 11:40 PM)Roland Wrote: Of course if you just cancel your season tickets your COA reverts to the team and they get to resell it.  If you resell them then someone else is committing to buy your tickets.  If you have good seats you should offer them up here so that fans can get them instead of ticket brokers.

I'll be renewing again because I enjoy going to the games.  I enjoy pro football and the Bengals are my team.  I don't get my personal self-worth tied up in it like some folks do.  I'm not giving up the seats that have taken me decades to get into under the delusion that it's going to teach Mike Brown some kind of lesson.

The irony of Marvin Lewis is that his greatest achievement has been making fans believe that if they could just be rid of him they could plug in their dream coach and start winning playoff games in no time.  The truth is that "Bengals Head Coach Paul Alexander" is probably about as likely as whoever you had in mind.

If Brown had dumped Lewis, even if he hadn't promoted Paul Alexander into the job it's assured that he would have kept all of the control he has had including keeping favorites like Alexander on staff.  The team would have settled for a coach who was willing to do without that control to get a foot in Head Coaching door.  Even if Lewis doesn't get them a playoff win in the next two years I'm hopeful that this small victory will create a better environment for whoever comes next.

The Bengals haven't charged for COAs to buy season tickets for years. Any COA someone "owns" is worthless. They essentially eliminated them years ago - at least since the 2012 season.

They're worthless unless someone is an idiot and thinks he needs to buy one to buy season tickets. At this point, the Bengals season ticket sales are so bad a new buyer would have their pick of the place.... and not have to buy a COA.

Like you, I'm still a huge fan, but I can only show my displeasure with the team's direction in one way, no matter how minor the affect. And that is to take the roughly $5k I spend on Bengals stuff every year and find another venue of entertainment. I'll still watch the games and enjoy the team, but I'll be a loiterer instead of a customer.

Super bummed I didn't get this orange Nike Bengals hoodie I wanted before my cash embargo began and they re-signed Marvin. Maybe I'll have it gifted to me at some point. Until Mike Brown is dead (which, I'm in no way wishing for at all, BTW) and Marvin is gone, my money is headed to Columbus for the Blue Jackets. They deserve it much more at this point.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Season Tickets Have Been Canceled.... - PDub80 - 01-05-2018, 10:08 AM